Dual Booting in UEFI on Acer Systems
Hey guys, writing after a long time....
The method to Dual Boot Linux (Kali Linux 2016.2) alongside Windows 10 which I gave works on most of the systems available
- HP -- one of the most compatible
If you are able to run it on any such machines, do tell me in the comments, and if not, I'm writing the method to dual boot on an Acer laptop.
So, let's start ...
Keep in mind that I'm giving the method to Dual-Boot on ACER Systems, in UEFI boot mode
- A bootable USB, with the linux live distro of whichever you like, but only in UEFI Mode
- Turn off your System
- Power on System, and boot it up using the bootable USB
- Follow the method I gave in my other posts, of how to install the linux,
Though I made it for Kali but, the procedure is more or less the same for most of Debian based ditros, Fedora & REHL based linux are little bit different
- Now, restart the system, but carefully,...
- Press the key
F2as soon as your system reboots,
- You should enter the Boot Menu of your laptop
- Now use your Right arrow key to go to the third page ie -- Security
- First of all you need to set the Supervisor Password -- set it.
- Now go to the Secure Boot Options ---
- Press Enter ---
Select your Hard Disk Drive
Goto the folder named
- Now, there should be a folder with the name of Ubuntu (or Kali or Debian or whatever Linux you've installed)
- Press Enter ---
There must be a file with the name of
- Select that file ---
It'll now ask you to enter the Name and save it
- Do this and exit
- Now go to the fourth page
- Disable Secure Boot
- Now restart
Now restart, and press the key
F12You should be able to see the UEFI Boot entry of your linux installation.
Congratulation on your successful installation of Linux on an Acer Laptop.
Post any problem or anything you need to know in the comments.
I assure you to reply asap.